What is Personal Information?
“Personal Information” is any recorded information about an identifiable person. It includes such things as a person’s name, home address, e-mail address, telephone number, date of birth, social insurance number and financial information. Such information may be gathered from customers and website visitors. In all cases, we are committed to protecting the privacy of individuals and the integrity of their Personal Information.
How and Why We Collect Personal Information
Most of the Personal Information we handle is collected primarily in connection with products and services provided by or to the Corporation, and during the establishment of business relations. In the normal course of doing business, we also use Personal Information for various purposes, including:
- Establishing, managing and terminating business relations with you, including billing and collecting overdue amounts;
- Reviewing the products and services that we provide to you;
- Reviewing the products and services that we obtain from third parties;
- Informing you of our other products and services, or those of carefully selected third parties;
- Protecting us against error, fraud, theft and damage to our goods and property;
- Enabling us to comply with applicable law or regulatory requirements; and
- Any other reasonable purpose to which you consent.
We may also collect Personal Information through our website, which may use tracking software in the form of “cookies” (text files containing unique identification numbers identifying technical information about the website visitor, but not necessarily the identity of the visitor). This information is transmitted to us each time our website is visited, and these cookies allow us to collect and store information such as the type of internet browser and operating system a visitor uses; the date, time and duration of the visit to our website; the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect their computer to the Internet, the internet address of the website from which they linked to our website; and the pages they visited while on our website. Unless a visitor actively submits Personal Information while on our website however, we will not normally be able to determine the identity of visitors to our website.
How We Use and Disclose Your Personal Information
In the course of providing products or services to you, we use and may disclose your Personal Information under certain circumstances. The limited circumstances under which we may disclose your Personal Information include:
- During an emergency situation or where necessary to protect the safety of a person or group of persons;
- To employees, contractors, consultants and other parties (including affiliates of the Corporation) who require the information to assist us in managing the business relationship or providing services, including for billing, handling, account administration, servicing and installations, collections, marketing initiatives and reporting;
- At the request of government regulators;
- In response to a search warrant or other legally valid inquiry or order, or to an investigative body in the case of a breach of an agreement or contravention of law; and
- Where necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; or as otherwise required or specifically permitted by law.
If we use or disclose Personal Information for a purpose other than those identified above, we will, as required, notify you and/or obtain your consent prior to doing so.
How We SafeGuard Your Personal Information
We only retain Personal Information for as long as is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was originally obtained, unless we are required or permitted by law to retain the information for a longer period. Once Personal Information is no longer needed or permitted to be retained, it is securely destroyed or made anonymous as appropriate.
Accuracy and Access to Your Personal Information
We strive to ensure that all Personal Information is accurate, correct, and up-to-date, and take all reasonable efforts to ensure that the integrity and accuracy of such information is protected.
You can ask to see the Personal Information that we hold about you. If you want to review, verify or correct your Personal Information, or find out how it has been used or disclosed, please contact our Privacy Officer using the contact information set out below. Please note that any such communications must be in writing. Consistent with applicable law, if an individual requires an alternative method of accessing their Personal Information to accommodate a sensory disability, we will work to provide such alternatives.
When making an access request, we require specific information from you to confirm your identity as well as to search for, and provide you with, the Personal Information that we hold about you. We may charge you a reasonable fee to access your Personal Information; but we will advise you of any fee in advance. If you need help in preparing your request, please contact the office of our Privacy Officer.
There are only a few circumstances under which we will not comply with your request to provide you with access to your Personal Information. These circumstances include:
- If doing so could reveal Personal Information about a third party (and, in Quebec, if the disclosure could seriously harm that third party);
- If the information is subject to legal privilege or was generated in the context of a formal dispute resolution process;
- If the information relates to the actual or suspected breach of an agreement or of applicable law; or
- Where permitted or required by applicable law.
The Corporation will inform you of the reasons why, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions, access has been denied.
Questions or Concerns
Triacta Power Solutions Limited Partnership
8133 Warden Avenue, Suite 601
Markham, ON L6G 1B3
All enquiries will receive a timely response.